After much consideration I realized I really need to get a part time job to supplement my income and help pay for my addiction to finish lines. With that being said I decided to apply for jobs at sporting goods and apparel stores. So tonight I applied on-line for jobs at Academy Sports, Dicks Sporting Goods and Hibbett Sports. At Dicks I actually applied to be a “running specialist.”
As much as it pains my ego to have a masters degree and still feel like I don’t make enough money I think this would be a great compromise. I would be able to interact with (hopefully) athletic people AND get an employee discount.
So well wishes, luck and positives vibes are needed.
To get me in the mood to apply I went to Academy and did some shopping (despite the fact that I need said part time job because I need money, but I had a crappy week and needed to cheer myself up, plus I could really use all of this stuff). My purchases include:
- Padded cycling shorts
- 4 pairs of dri fit socks
- Dri fit compression tights (I may return them because honestly it’s still too damn hot here to wear them anytime soon)
- 2 dri fit running tops on clearance for $2.88 each
- Puma short sleeve running hoodie on clearance for $2.88
- Goggles, nose clip, swim cap (#Triathlontraining)
- Ear buds (dog chewed on old ones that still work, but worried about them not working for my half marathon)
- Various Energy Gels
FYI: all apparel items were LARGEs – goodbye XL forever 🙂