Came across this gorgeous skirted peacoat today – on a mission to track it down in my size. It’s literally everything I am looking for in a new coat.
Boardwalk miles #LongIsland (at Long Beach Boardwalk)
Gone shootin’ #skeet (at Prince George’s County Trap & Skeet)
- At 3:30pm I get to put up an out of office reply that I’m drafting as “Deuces bitches out I’m of the office until December"
- My sister is coming down to DC for the weekend since she won’t be home while I’m on Long Island next week.
- I’m introducing sister to boyfriend this weekend and he is taking us skeet shooting. I hope no one has to go to the hospital.
- I kicked ass on my to-do list and feel hella productive at work this week.
- Freddie is in the office with me today (as pictures earlier) which is always a win.
Bonus: who else remembers the 90s boy band 5ive of "Baby when the lights go out..” or “Can I get your number baby (hit me with your seven digits)” fame?
You KNOW it must be cold out when my “high stepping” fitbit friends are “only” logging 60,000 steps per week. Some of my fitbit friends (mainly the city folk without cards) can do ~100,000 a week, so it’s funny to see EVERYONE drop off. This weather is adding further motivation for me to move to California.
Quiet day in the office so I brought my own colleague!
Today I met one of my students for a meeting at the campus gym and we spent an hour on the treadmills walking and talking. We had a great meeting and logged almost 3 miles!
I’m Long Island bound on Monday for Thanksgiving week and would love to get back to Oda House in the East Village for lunch/dinner – namely khatchapuri . Super yummy Georgian food that was recommended by Backofthepack and/or Veggielife this summer.
Anyone up to eat there next week?
Dear fellow Northern Virginians,
RUN, don’t walk to Plaka’s Grill in Vienna and eat a Gyro “Plaka Style” (with fries inside).
The concert T and I went to last night was in Vienna and I went to yelp to see what restaurants we could eat at before. Plaka Grill has 4.5 stars and 600 reviews, so I was sold.
And HOT DAMN this food was delicious. Super casual family owned joint and I insist if you can make it to Vienna to go eat there.