Update from vacation! (at York Beach, Maine)
First draft of my vision board!
#manifestyourdreams #destiny #goals #liveoutloud #purposedrivenlife #joiedevivre #soundmindsoundbody
I’m doing monthly measurements a few days early since we leave for vacation tomorrow coupled with the fact I missed my July 1 measurements due to work madness. Really pleased with my progress!
#fitnessmotivation #weightlosstransformation #weightlossjourney #bodypump #bodycombat #wwfreestyle #weightwatchers #accountability #strongwomen
I posted this gif on my tumblr 5 years ago, however it took me nearly 5 years to fully own this and live it! The truth of the matter is: YOU ARE ALSO YOUR SOLUTION! Invest in yourself, make time for yourself, listen to yourself, and care for yourself.
#selfcare #recoveryjourney #liveoutloud #purpose #motivationalquotes
Here are the rest of the notes from the workshop I went to on Well- Being this week that was offered through the Center for Consciousness and Transformation at my University (employer)Happiness is a choice
- 50% is genetic
- 40% is something you can control
- 10% is circumstancesHappiness strategies
- express gratitude
- look on the bright side/cultivate optimum
- don’t care yourself to others
- practice acts of kindness
- nurture social relationships
- write out pain/upset
- learn to forgive or let go
- increase flow experience /lose track of time
- savor joys of life, put time aside for it
- commit to goals
- practice religion/spirituality
- exercise, meditate, act happy (fake it til you make it)Other thoughts and notes:
- Flow: focus and habits
- Correlation between age and satisfaction – comfortable in own skin, dealing with set back
- Overall we are too focused on negativity/weaknesses – keep a gratitude journal
- Gratitude matters – feel happier, more determined, more energetic, more optimistic, and more likely to offer support to others. you sleep better, exercise more, and experience fewer symptoms of physical illness
- 9 out of 10 people say they are more productive when they are around positive people
Reblogging myself from ~2013 as I got back and tag/reread all my posts for a project…
Amazing words of love and appreciation from my dear friend Leslie who texted me this out of the blue this morning.
What a way to start your day, Leslie really gave me a good case of the feels! She is on her journey to 70.3 (an Ironman for those of you not familiar) and credits me when 4 years ago I trained for my first sprint triathlon in an effort to conquer 3 sports for 3 decades tri at 30. Leslie has far surpassed my physical abilities and I’m so beyond proud of her as a friend and an athlete!
#wordsofaffirmation #liveoutloud #purposedrivenlife #inspiration #motivation #recoveryjourney #triathlete
Finally wrote the opening lines of my eventual novel/screenplay/Broadway musical.
My life changed November 18, 2007 when my dad died and I think my story is best told by looking backwards from that point and looking forward from there. I can’t wait to share my progress with you all…
#recoveryjourney #healingjourney #selfcare #halfthestory #liveoutloud #purposedrivenlife
WIW – WOW edition
Last week: 177.3
This week: 172.9
Whaaaaaat! I knew I was focused and back on track, plus I have my birthday in 10 days as extra motivation, but I was not expecting this!
I’ve never seen 172.anything as an adult so this is brand new territory and I’m now -47.9 pounds from my highest weight in Jan 2010 and -23.6 for the year!
My BMI is 25.2, soooo close to a healthy/normal BMI! (Yes I know BMI isn’t everything, but it’s a helpful guideline and goal for me).
This is been my go to summer breakfast two hard-boiled eggs sprinkled with Za’atar and 12 Rold Gold pretzels for 2sp!
#wwfreestyle #weightwatchers #careats #breakfast